•Make our website work as you’d expect
•Improve the speed/security of the site
•Allow you to share pages on social networks
•Make improvements to our website by seeing how users navigate around it
•Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
•Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
•Pass data to advertising networks
•Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
•More information about the cookies that we use and how to disable them is given below.
These are session cookies. Session Cookies are only stored temporarily and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed.
Third party cookies
Some of our pages feature videos from Youtube, and on these pages Youtube sets the following cookies:
We use Twitter to feed the latest news about SchoolMoney to our website, and Twitter sets the following cookies:
If you want to, you can usually stop your browser accepting cookies from all sites, or stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites, this will probably limit the functionality of not only our site but many others too.
You can find the tools to manage cookies in the ‘preferences’ or ‘tools’ menu of your browser. Below are instructions for the main browsers, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
To check cookies are enabled on a PC...
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. On the menu bar at the top of your browser, click 'Tools', select 'Internet Options', then click on the privacy tab
2. Set the privacy level to 'Medium or Below', this will enable cookies in your browser
3. To turn cookies off - set privacy level to above medium
1. At the top of your browser window click on 'Tools', then select 'Options'
2. Select 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, choose the 'Content Settings' button
3. Then choose 'Allow local data to be set'
1. At the top of your browser window click on 'Tools' and select Options
2. Choose the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
1. At the top of your browser window click on the cog icon, select 'Preferences'
2. Click 'Security', check the option for 'Block third-party and advertising cookies
3. Click 'Save'
Check your cookies are enabled on a Mac...
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. At the top of your browser click 'Explorer', then select 'Preferences'
2. Scroll down to 'Cookies' - this is under receiving files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
1. At the top of your browser window click on Safari then select 'Preferences'
2. Click 'Security' then 'Accept Cookies'
3. Select 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. At the top of your browser click 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' then select 'Preferences'
2. Scroll down to 'Privacy & Security' where you should see cookies
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
1. At the top of your browser window click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
2. Choose 'Preferences' and select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Select 'Accept Cookies'
For all other browsers please see the individual browser's documentation or online help files.